You know how they say ‘Breakfast is the most important meal of the day’. I used to feel lethargic & really tired by the end of the day and was beginning to show signs of digestive disorders as well a few years back. I realize now that all i needed to do was eat my breakfast. That is why I now ensure I eat a heavy breakfast.
This is a delicious protein rich breakfast and it is unbelievably easy to make.
- Green Gram/Mung Bean – 3 cups (Soak them overnight. Letting them sprout is optional but I highly recommend it)
- Green chilly – 2 to 3 (Increase/Decrease as per taste)
- Cumin /Jeera seeds or powder – 2 tsp
- Ginger – About 2 Inch piece or 3 tsp of ginger paste
- Curry Leaves – 7 to 8
- Salt – As per taste
- Raw Rice – 1/3 cup (Soaked overnight)
Grind all the above ingredients into a fine paste and your pesarattu batter is ready. Add water little by little to make a thick paste.
Make dosas on a hot skillet and enjoy it with hot sambar or chutney.
Now didn’t I say the recipe is super easy :). Please do try it and let me know if you like it 🙂
- Rice flour can also be used instead of soaked raw rice.
- You may choose to omit the rice entirely. There will be no change in the taste but the dosas will not be crispy.
- I like to steam cook my dosas and recommend it.
- How to sprout the green gram (They are amazing for salads too) :
- Soak them for 6 to 7 hours.
- Strain and wash the green gram.
- Put the green gram in a colander.
- Cover the green gram with a wet towel or cloth on top (Just to keep them moist)
- Place the colander in a deep vessel & cover with a lid.
- They will sprout in about 5-8 hrs.